The Challenge: To deliver a healthy baby
My Inspiration: I’ve already had one son and he inspired me to have a second one.
What I Need:
- A hospital with a delivery room prepared for induction
- Nurses who won’t treat me like I’m a nurse and should know how delivering a baby works. (Even though I am indeed a nurse, I have no clue how delivering a baby works.)
- Supportive husband (He is also the baby’s father)
- Babysitter for Son #1
- An Epidural (so I guess I need an Anesthesia MD as well..)
- Ice Water
- Lots of stuff for baby, myself and Dad for our overnight stay
- Family members ready to come whenever we call
Who is Helping Me: See above participants.
Who is NOT Helping Me: I suppose the baby didn’t help very much because I made it to my due date and needed to be induced.
How I Did It: I’ll spare you all the gory details and just tell you that everything went really well and he’s a healthy, happy baby. I made a little video to announce his arrival.
Final Thoughts/Would I Do It Again?: Of course! More to come in the next few weeks as I get back on my feet and start the 1 Thing / 1 Week Challenges again!