For the Gender Reveal party I threw yesterday I made my own recipe for Gluten Free Gender Reveal White Chocolate Puppy Chow. I have tried other recipes and the proportions are never right. Here’s how I’ve had success.
Gluten Free Gender Reveal Party White Chocolate “Puppy Chow”
- Serves: 20 people could take a handful
- Total Time to Complete: 20 minutes
- 1.25 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Butter (1/4c)
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- 8 cups Gluten Free Corn cereal (I used a generic non-name brand)
- 1 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Pink and Blue coated chocolate candies (I used Sixlets- I bought them from Party City in their $0.07 candy bin. Yep, I opened many, many small Sixlets packages, but I saved a few dollars by not buying the big $6.99 bags of colored candy they sell.)
- In a very large bowl, place 8 cups of corn cereal and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Check the mixture’s consistency: it should be smooth. If it needs more time microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring after every whirl in the microwave until smooth. If the mixture seems too thick (as mine always does) add 1-2 tbsp of milk to thin the mixture so it’s easy to pour.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir to evenly coat the cereal.
- Place the cereal and 2 cups of powdered sugar into a large plastic bag and toss the cereal around to coat with powdered sugar. I like my Puppy Chow well-coated with powdered sugar. You may find you will have excess powdered sugar. If so, remove the Puppy Chow with a slotted spoon so you don’t transfer too much loose powdered sugar to your serving bowl.
- Add as much colored candy as you’d like. My family loves Sixlets so I added a lot.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.